1) The problem at hand is unsafe storage of hazardous material.
2) Inadequate regulation in NC is a long-festering issue that has come to a head now because a long-feared spill actually happened.
3) Discussing the problem without mentioning the policies and direction set by the current administration would be pointless.
4) Addressing the deeper question of the state's long-term lack of action, going back through years of Democratic control, would be a great thing to do.
5) An honest examination would mean confronting the reality of corporate political power and acknowledging that regulation is not always a bad thing.
6) That's a conversation I'd love to have.
The NYT article linked at FB and previously at this blog has plenty of vaulable info in it, but it also misses the deeper story about Duke's influence across the decades and across party lines.